"Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." -- M. Twain & R. Walden
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden ®

01/13/2021, 16:51:16

Author Profile Mail author Edit
There are various versions of what Twain said or didn't say in  this regard.  Whichever version you choose, I can subscribe.

Loss of mobility is grievously annoying.  I have lost most of the use of my left side.  This is usually result of a stroke, but in my case, is a peculiar infection.  I have weakness and lack of balance on that side.  I can't walk unaided.

Also grievously annoying is that I can barely type.  My left hand is my "typing hand," due to an injury to my right hand years ago.  I have lost "fine motor control" in  my left hand, which means my typing is erratic and slow -- not an  ideal combination.  That probably precludes my writing of my autobiography, even though it wouldn't be very long anyhow.

I am well cared for by daughter and granddaughter, plus Ladyfriend on weekends.

All is well, except my attitude, which is really crappy.  I start physical therapy on Monday, which I am really looking forward to. 

"This, too, shall pass."  Just not fast enough.

Y'all keep up the good work, and

Take care,
Russ

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert View All   Previous | Next | Current page
That's terrible! Best wishes for total speedy recovery. FYI ' also fighting a tenacious sinus/jaw infection with constant headaches.
Re: "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." -- M. Twain & R. Walden -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch ®

01/13/2021, 22:42:32

I refuse to take antibiotics unless a doctor tells me that it's that or risk dying. So far they haven't told me that. 

I wish you and yours well Primo, stay warm (especially if it's bacterial - bacteria hate warm body temperatures). 

Modified by LateForLunch at Wed, Jan 13, 2021, 22:43:55

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page
Thank you. I hope your recovery is also soon.
Re: That's terrible! Best wishes for total speedy recovery. FYI ' also fighting a tenacious sinus/jaw infection with constant headaches. -- LateForLunch Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/14/2021, 16:11:41

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page
Hang in there, Brother. We be here.
Re: "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." -- M. Twain & R. Walden -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

01/13/2021, 17:07:43

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

(P.S. - Yu muth't dithinfect yo'theyulf. :-)
Re: Hang in there, Brother. We be here. -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/13/2021, 17:09:59

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Single malt scotch does not improve my balance or my "fine motor control."
Re: (P.S. - Yu muth't dithinfect yo'theyulf. :-) -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/13/2021, 17:20:01

Oh. Okay, but that isn't what I meant. :-)
Re: Single malt scotch does not improve my balance or my "fine motor control." -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/13/2021, 17:35:52

Russ -

"[I]n my case, is a peculiar infection."

I meant it in that sense. If you beat the infection, will your mobility return? Or is that an unknown?

TEE

Mobility will return WHEN I beat the infection, especially if I continue to exercise that side, which I am doing multi-daily.
Re: Oh. Okay, but that isn't what I meant. :-) -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/13/2021, 17:42:19

a great deal is revealed about your character from that response, Primo.
Re: Mobility will return WHEN I beat the infection, especially if I continue to exercise that side, which I am doing multi-daily. -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch ®

01/16/2021, 00:08:57

General Teebone, ever the realist (God bless him) makes no assumptions about the real world even for his best friends (nothing is guaranteed except death, taxes and horrible 'Crats getting into everything) but that being said, a certain sort of attitude is revealed in that change of a single word from "if" to "when". 

A universe of difference. Where the human spirit is concerned it's possible one's results may be influenced by expectations. 

Modified by LateForLunch at Sat, Jan 16, 2021, 00:11:44

Well said.
Re: a great deal is revealed about your character from that response, Primo. -- LateForLunch Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/16/2021, 00:55:45

Bully!
Re: Mobility will return WHEN I beat the infection, especially if I continue to exercise that side, which I am doing multi-daily. -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

01/13/2021, 18:01:44

Forum     Back