Judge Barrett's invariable use of the word "So" to begin her responses illustrates the instantaneous quickness of her mind.
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE

10/13/2020, 14:44:21

Author Profile Mail author Edit
In that minuscule moment, she mentally organizes her reply, beginning-to-end.

It's amazing. No wandering, no "uh" pauses, just a constant stream of meticulously elucidated information.

All in the space of time it takes to say, "So."

TEE

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert View All   Previous | Next | Current page
Yeah, but she relied on copious notes . . .
Re: Judge Barrett's invariable use of the word "So" to begin her responses illustrates the instantaneous quickness of her mind. -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden

10/13/2020, 14:50:58

Gotta love the grin.

RW

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page
Heh-heh, yeah, that wuz priceless. (resized image)
Re: Yeah, but she relied on copious notes . . . -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

10/13/2020, 15:00:57

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page
(P.S. - Grassley was an ongoing traffic accident in that regard. :-)
Re: Heh-heh, yeah, that wuz priceless. (resized image) -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

10/13/2020, 15:25:51

(Thanks) Cornyn really set her up for that. He already knew she hadn't taken a single note. . . .
Re: Heh-heh, yeah, that wuz priceless. (resized image) -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden

10/13/2020, 15:08:13

Tee --
I, too, had observed that she had taken no notes. I have been deposed and questioned at trial numerous times in my career. I was amazed at her reliance on recall.

Thanks for the resize.
Russ

Sure thing.
Re: (Thanks) Cornyn really set her up for that. He already knew she hadn't taken a single note. . . . -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

10/13/2020, 15:21:21

Yeah, Cornyn had a mischievous smile throughout. T'was most amusing.

Re resize

Russ -

Resizing gargantuan images is the sole reason I retain Firefox on my machine. That feature isn't available in either Opera (default browser) or Edge.

I image source it into an open posting window on Firefox, then use the image box to drag it into the desired size, then copy the image itself (not the image source) and paste it into the post on Opera.

I could just complete the post in Firefox, but it doesn't deserve that level of respect.* <grin>

*For some reason, Firefox won't show bookmarks, and I got tired trying to find a fix for it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it a bunch of times, but even that doesn't get it done. Also, I use an older version of Firefox because the last four versions lack the image resizing tool. It's just a generally fucked up browser.

TEE

Forum     Back