Online users
???: Message   

DE - "The state House, Senate and governor’s office are all controlled by Democrats." (Gee, I never would've guessed.)
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

04/07/2021, 15:21:17

Author Profile Mail author Edit
thegunwriter.substack.com

What confiscation will look like: Delaware set to criminalize standard-capacity mags

Lee Williams
5-6 minutes

Confiscation is coming to Delaware as early as next week.

Every gun owner in the country should pay attention to the goings on in The First State, because this is how confiscation happens, and this is how it will look.

In fact, Delaware can serve as a microcosm for the rest of the country; The state House, Senate and governor’s office are all controlled by Democrats.

Delaware Senate Bill 6 passed through the Senate last week, and has now been sent to the House where it is also expected to pass.

SB 6, the “Delaware Large Capacity Magazine Prohibition Act of 2021” states:

“The Act includes clear definitions for the term ‘large-capacity magazine,’ as an ammunition feeding device with a capacity to accept more than 17 rounds of ammunition. After enactment, possession of large-capacity magazine will be a class B misdemeanor for a first offense and a class E felony for any subsequent offense. Those who possess a prohibited large-capacity magazine when this Act takes effect must, by June 30, 2022, relinquish the large-capacity magazine to a law-enforcement agency in this State. This Act establishes a buyback program for large-capacity magazines, to be overseen by the Department of Safety and Homeland Security.”

Class B misdemeanors are punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of $1,150.

A Class E felony is punishable by up to five years in prison.

Democratic Gov. John Carney is expected to sign SB 6.

Carney has always been extremely anti-gun.

The governor closed all the gun shops in the state — there aren’t many — during the pandemic by declaring them nonessential.

His “Comprehensive Gun Safety in Delaware” plan calls for “limiting the sale of military-style weapons that can cause catastrophic harm.”

And in 2018, Carney said this:

“In the coming weeks, my team will work closely with lawmakers to craft legislation that would prohibit the sale of assault-style rifles in Delaware. As we have seen in Las Vegas, Parkland, and in many other horrific incidents across our country, military-style weapons can be used to carry out catastrophic acts of violence. They have no place on the streets of our neighborhoods.”

I lived in Delaware for five years while working at the state’s largest newspaper.

Despite its small size, Delaware has a thriving Second Amendment community and a very strong gun culture.

Were it not for the liberal bastion of Wilmington — the state’s largest city — Delaware would be a red state.

My heart goes out to my friends who live there. All of them own guns and standard-capacity magazines.

It’s decision time, friends.

I’m sending prayers now.

Let me know when you need lawyers, guns and money.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page