Online users
???: Message   

Compared to your experience, I was way behind the curve.
Re: Since mid-August 1988, . . . -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE

02/17/2021, 17:03:48

Author Profile Mail author Edit
I first heard Rush in the mid '90s, while working the road as a supervisor on night shift. I was searching for a good station to keep me alert, and I stumbled upon his broadcast. I don't even know the station carrying it (it had to be a re-broadcast), but the first thing I heard was the National Anthem followed by this 'blustering' individual saying things that nobody else had the guts to say, in a manner that carried the mantle of absolute self-confidence in his patriotism, and in the most clever way.

I was hooked.

His passing crushed me. You and I talked about it briefly a couple of days ago, but there was no way to get ready for its happening.

When Kathryn opened the show today it was instantaneously apparent why she was speaking, and when Ray Charles's "America the Beautiful" began to play after her message, I cried like he was family.

Because he was.

TEE

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message