The principle actor was gay, but once you get past that, it works as a film.
Re: Speakin' o' movies... -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch

02/16/2021, 14:30:39

Author Profile Mail author Edit

The title character is portrayed by an openly gay actor but the director of the film made sure it didn't get in the way of the plot (Dr. Strange had a female fiancee in the film).

Once it became clear the director was not putting a "gay slant" on the character I was able to ignore that aspect and let the writing work.

The special effects are as prominent as the characters - nothing unusual for modern films ( the "can-you-top-this?" mentality).

I had a soft spot for that comic 'cause that was one of the only comic books I liked much as a youngster. It had a fairly adult, dark view of things not a childish one like so many other comics. A lot of horrible, ugly, deadly things happened in that comic which were pretty rough for younger kids. I remember liking that a lot.

The principle did a decent job - in the same category of actors who are normal people who just happen to be gay off-camera, as Jodie Foster, Richard Chamberlain et al.

Modified by LateForLunch at Tue, Feb 16, 2021, 15:05:36

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message