Online users
???: Message???: Message  

I just sent this email to Rush. I believe that if this can be engaged and successful, we will have averted the total elimination of our system of liberty. (I hope the email addy is good...)
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

01/08/2021, 15:19:02

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Structural Change? YES! They do it, now WE should.

Rush -

Let me begin by wishing you all my prayers and good thoughts for your well-being, and may God grant that you defeat this heinous enemy.

On to business....

Rush, we've been going about things the wrong way. While the Democrats attack the foundations of our republic, most acutely by rigging the election system to ensure permanent power, we have missed (and continue to miss) the opportunity to fight them on their own terms.

They wish to ultimately eliminate the Electoral College precisely to eradicate the leveling of the playing field it provides. While we certainly mustn't abandon that battle, we should primarily focus on one of our own, to wit, change the election system at the state level.

I've heard nobody float this idea, so I presume that I'm perhaps the only one to have thought of it - but if we could pull it off, it would be THE game-changer of the century, maybe even in our history.

I propose that we move red state legislatures to restructure the system to mirror the principles of the federal Electoral College system, that is, eliminate (or at least fundamentally attenuate) the political shenanigans of the blue population centers in those states. We do this by changing state election law to grant each county ONE vote, and the majority of counties decide the state electors. Eliminate the contaminated majoritarianism at its root.

If we do this, the preposterous phenomenon we witnessed in the battleground states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, for example, could never be repeated. We currently hold Republcan legislative majorities in all those states.

The Republicans now hold majorities in 29 states.

We should push to get this done, and beat the Democrats at their own game.

Your thoughts?

May you be well, and with us a long, long time, and carry the banner on this effort.

Sincerely,
Barry Hirsh
Miami FL

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page