Online users
???: Message   

More:
Re: Well, well. Even a blind RINO sees the writing on the wall, apparently: -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

01/05/2021, 13:14:51

Author Profile Mail author Edit

“Our state needs principled leaders who will stand up for what is right — not what is politically easy,” Nan Whaley, Democratic mayor of Dayton tweeted.

Since the premier natural right is self-preservation, it demands principled leaders' support whether it is 'easy' or not.

“There’s nothing worse than a coward. Only cowards would pass and sign a bill that has been proven to disproportionately harm Black people. Only cowards would support a bill that allows people to shoot first and ask questions later. The blood of the lives lost from the signing and passage of this bill rest solely on those who supported it," Minority Leader Emilia Strong Sykes said in a statement.

"Shoot first and ask questions later" is a disingenuous hyperbolic construct as applied by the law's opponents - it enables no such thing. This is political gaslighting at its worst.

The proportions of the demographic most adversely affected is determined by that demographic's actual behavior, and the blood of those lives lost rests solely on them and their enablers. Calling those who support justifiable self-defense cowards is irrational and dishonest, regardless of the gender, race, ethnicity, nationality or religious background of those whose violent behavior necessitated the lawful use of force.

"When individuals have the right to say, 'Oh, I was in fear for my life and I had no other choice but to use deadly force,' people go to that as their first first course of action," Danielle Sydnor of the Cleveland NAACP said.

That's an assumption based upon projection, not evidenced in the vast majority of justifiable self-defense shootings. The legal reality is that the reasonable fear of death or egregious bodily harm is the only acceptable justification for the use of deadly force. This is measured by the perspective of what another reasonable person would believe under the same circumstances, and has nothing to do with any contrived duty to retreat. No such duty exists in nature; it is purely a political invention.

Ayesha Bell Hardaway with Case Western Reserve University said that this bill allows people to pull the trigger based on subjective fear, and that is when bias can come into play.

Facially ridiculous. The law states that subjective fear is the sole justification for taking action to defend oneself, so long as it is a rational belief as measured by the mien.

"Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Just so.

Thus saith the TEEBONE.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Liberals are people who stand on their heads and insist that the world is upside-down.

Modified by TEEBONE at Tue, Jan 05, 2021, 14:08:31

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page