By George, I think he's GOT IT!
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

07/27/2020, 19:22:02

Author Profile Mail author Edit
renewedright.com

The Supreme Court will be changed forever by this ultimatum | Renewed Right

3-3 minutes

Conservatives spent decades trying to remake the Supreme Court.

But the recent betrayals by Chief Justice John Roberts threw that project into doubt.

And now the Supreme Court will be changed forever by this ultimatum.

When Chief Justice John Roberts sold the President out by joining the liberals in descisions revolving around amnesty, abortion, and the homosexual agenda, Missouri Senator Josh Hawley declared the conservative legal movement a failure.

For decades, the Federalist Society groomed supposed conservative jurists like Roberts to sit on the federal bench.

Part of this strategy involved training them on how to avoid tipping their hand on how they would rule on Roe v. Wade and still signal that they would vote as reliable conservatives once on the court.

Senator Hawley is declaring an end to that practice by telling The Washington Post he will not vote for any judicial nominee who isn’t on the record as saying Roe v. Wade is wrongly decided.

“I will vote only for those Supreme Court nominees who have explicitly acknowledged that Roe v. Wade is wrongly decided,” Hawley told The Post. “By explicitly acknowledged, I mean on the record and before they were nominated.”

“I don’t want private assurances from candidates. I don’t want to hear about their personal views, one way or another. I’m not looking for forecasts about how they may vote in the future or predications. I don’t want any of that. I want to see on the record, as part of their record, that they have acknowledged in some forum that Roe v. Wade, as a legal matter, is wrongly decided,” Hawley added.

Hawley explained why a nominee’s view on Roe was central to their overall judicial philosophy.

Roe is central to judicial philosophy. Roe is and was an unbridled act of judicial imperialism. It marks the point the modern Supreme Court said, ‘You know, we don’t have to follow the Constitution. We won’t even pretend to try,’” Hawley added.

Hawley laying down this marker will change Supreme Court nominations.

Republican Presidents will no longer be able to placate pro-abortion RINOs in the Senate with stealth candidates.

Renewed Right will keep you up-to-date on any new developments in this ongoing story.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page