My wife is in similarly dire physical condition (with other potentially deadly ailments). My heart goes out to BB and all of you.
Re: update on BartB -- robertb Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch

07/22/2020, 10:09:26

Author Profile Mail author Edit
My wife is battling severe spinal scoliosis, arthritis, severe osteoporosis, (2) compression fractures on her spine and the constant, unending pain/immobility this produces. Every day is fight for survival. This has been our life for nearly ten years together.

Clearly BB knows what this is like as do those who love and care for him.

My biggest concern for her is her feelings of guilt. She often confesses that she feels "useless" and "unworthy of love" because she has lost so much of her independence and ability to care for herself. I strive always to make her understand that she is the most precious thing in the world to me and deserving of so much more than she receives in good things.

It breaks my heart sometimes when good people admit to feeling this way. I want them to see themselves as God sees, them, not Madison Avenue or the Democrat party.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page