Online users
???: Message   

"Democrats!"...there, I said it.
Re: Kin yu saey "Brownshirts?" -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch

07/21/2020, 15:02:14

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Is it just me or do anti-conservative fanatics have a serious lack of originality?

Mobs of lawless enforcers roaming the streets attacking people who oppose the Party? One might think the disfavor with which civilized people of the world viewed the wanton violence of the Nazi Brownshirts, the Communist Red Brigades, the French Revolution's Reign of Terror mobs, the Stalinist Purges, and rioters in general might cause the Democrat party to hesitate to endorse, excuse or enable such things today...

I note that within the scope of recent memory, the 'Crats have badly misjudged the mood of the electorate in regard to many of their party's more-controversial platform elements.

The 'Crats tolerance for, encouragement of civil violence/domestic terrorism/anti-law enforcement fanaticism of the 60s/70s helped get candidates like LBJ and Nixon elected when they otherwise might not have been. It is not unreasonable to assume that (plethora leftist-funded, non-scientific polling results notwithstanding), the current unpleasantness may have the same effect on the 2020 presidential election.

Modified by LateForLunch at Tue, Jul 21, 2020, 15:15:57

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page