Yeah, but... will it do any good? Well, someday MAYBE you'll win the lotto. Don't hold your breath in either case.
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

05/16/2020, 16:35:18

Author Profile Mail author Edit
www.thegunwriter.com

Is an AR a patrol carbine or an assault rifle? - The Gun Writer

Lee Williams
3-3 minutes

Words matter. I know that better than most.

They can demonize or praise, and they can create a double standard, which I hate that the most.

How many times have you seen the media refer to an AR as an assault rifle, especially when it’s in civilian hands?

And how my times have you seen stories about local law enforcement agencies purchasing a new patrol carbine?

How many times have you read about armed protesters at a state capitol carrying assault rifles, while capitol police watched the protest while carrying patrol carbines.

It’s the same damn rifle!

An AR, friends, is just that — a rifle — regardless of who’s holding it.

For the past seven years I’ve tried my best to educate my colleagues in the media about firearms.

Some get it. Some don’t. Some don’t care.

Most reporters — the local ones — strive for accuracy.

The national media — especially the cable TV news actors who parachute into communities for a story and then disappear — couldn’t give two shits about accuracy.

They’re more concerned about having the right political spin than having the story straight and accurate.

If a citizen or a cop is carrying a rifle, call it a rifle.

If they’re carrying an AR, call it an AR.

If they’re carrying an AK, call it an AK.

If they’re carrying an HK MP5SD, call it an HK MP5SD — extra credit if you get this one right.

Unfortunately, I’ve met too many journalists who couldn’t articulate the difference between a rifle and a shotgun.

As readers and news consumers, we should not let them get away with double standards and inaccuracies.

Speak up when you see this type of lazy reporting.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page