Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE

03/13/2020, 21:52:10

Author Profile Mail author Edit
www.wnd.com

Chuck Schumer: A nasty, threatening man - WND

Barbara Simpson
5-6 minutes

New York Sen. Charles Schumer he, of the carefully positioned reading glasses down on his nose the better to sneer with, my dear may finally be getting the comeuppance he has deserved for years.

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

If your suspicion is that I don't care for the man, you would be right. Though I'm a native New Yorker, I've lived elsewhere since I was eligible to vote, so I've never had the opportunity to vote for or against him. Given my feelings, it would have been a vote against him.

It's not only that I don't agree with his politics he's a high-ranking Democrat as Senate minority leader it's that he uses his voice and face and glasses as a means of intimidating any opposition he faces to say nothing of his vocabulary, which is always tinged with a snarling viciousness.

Schumer has gotten away with it over the years because Republicans are afraid to challenge his demeanor, and Democrats love him for it. But finally FINALLY he's gone too far, and Schumer faces ethics complaints in the Senate as well as censure. There also are those who would like him ousted from the Senate.

TRENDING:2 Fox stars gave Donna Brazile lesson in manners after outrageous 'Go to hell' comment

I can only dream.

During a pro-abortion rally near the Supreme Court where oral arguments were being heard concerning a Louisiana abortion safety act, Schumer let loose with what he really thought about the issue and two justices in particular.

He started recounting his belief that women's reproductive rights have been under attack across the country, calling it an all-out war against women.

And then he said:

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you, if you go forward with these awful decisions."

At that, it did hit the fan as Schumer was chastised for literally threatening two Supreme Court justices, by name, even before a vote was taken.

His remarks drew a sharp rebuke from Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts who, among other things, called what Schumer said "inappropriate and dangerous."

Indeed, what Schumer said was clearly a threat against the men, though when called on it, he said he didn't mean them as a threat. He implied that his anger is justified because he's fighting to keep abortion legal. Despite that, he hasn't made any attempt to change his words or truly apologize, and said, "I'm from Brooklyn. We speak in strong language."

It should be noted that the Louisiana issue the high court is hearing is a requirement that an abortion doctor have admitting privileges at a local hospital in the event there is an emergency during an abortion.

President Trump condemned Schumer's threats and tweeted, "Schumer has brought great danger to the steps of the United States Supreme Court." Both the Senate Ethics Committee and the Grievance Committee of the New York Bar have filed complaints against Schumer.

Republican Mitch McConnell spoke on the Senate floor, that those words in any other context would be regarded as a threat of violence.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., introduced a resolution to censure Schumer, a move that has the support of more than 14 other senators.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has not released any statements concerning Schumer's remarks, but the president and founder of the Coalition of African American Pastors (CAAP) has launched a petition for a Senate censure of Schumer. According to a report in Breitbart, the Rev. William Owens said that Schumer's remarks against Gorsuch and Kavanaugh promote "violence and hate."

He continued, "We've had enough of politicians who bemoan partisanship on the campaign trail while still catering to the most extremist elements of the hard left. To make such an open threat against two sitting judges in an attempt to influence a case currently before the court goes far beyond acceptable behavior for a U.S. senator."

He added that "violent threats directed at judges should not be part of our political discourse it encourages radicals to treat political discourse as an excuse for violent action."

Truer words were never spoken, but if you've been paying any attention, you'll note that mainstream media have virtually forgotten the whole situation which, of course, is exactly what Democrats and Schumer, in particular, want.

Their goal is to intimidate the judiciary and elected officials on every level to vote the way Democrats want, or else.

What does that mean? Ask Democrat Schumer who will be more than happy to tell you, without skimping on his vocabulary.

Sorry, Chuck, you're a mean, nasty man, and in my opinion, the best thing that could happen to benefit the Senate and the country would be for you to be voted out of office.

You will not be missed.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert View All   Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message