Actor James Woods hasn't been on Twitter for nearly 10 months, but he made up for lost time by attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Hillary Clinton, Sen. Mitt Romney, and a score of other political targets late Thursday night.
He kicked off his attacks by announcing that he was "On vacation awhile" and immediately launched into Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., for her explanation of the expression "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."
She told a House Oversight subcommittee on poverty that the expression "started off as a joke," she said. "Because, it's a physical impossibility to lift yourself up by a bootstrap, by your shoelaces, it's physically impossible. The whole thing is a joke."
Woods included a video of her speech and described it as containing "blazing insight."
"I've tried so hard this past year to live without the wealth of knowledge available on Twitter, but this kind of blazing insight can be found nowhere else, so... I'm back!" he said. "#AOCStillAMoron."
After that, the floodgates opened:
- To Mitt Romney: "This is the guy who passes a silent stinker in the elevator and then proceeds to lecture everybody about intestinal management. You'll never come back from this one, Mittens. Even your magic pants won't save you. #MittTheRat"
- To Hillary Clinton: "When the only thing separating #HillaryClinton from the presidency is your heartbeat, start writing your will…"
- He also wrote to Clinton that she will "never be impeached. One upside to being the most famous loser in American history. So there's that…"
- To Juanita Broaddrick on former President Bill Clinton: "And hopefully you will eventually be victorious in your quest to bring the #RapistClinton to justice. We will stand by you until he is behind bars (hopefully monitored by the same guards who watched over Jeffrey Epstein)."
- To House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in response to an interview of her daughter Christine, who called her shredding of President Donald Trump's speech "an Italian thing: "Actually Italian grandmothers are loving, charming, and endowed with the wisdom of the ages. Speaker Pelosi's classless gesture bore none of those qualities. I'm not casting aspersions on your mother personally, however, given her obvious condition."
- To Bernie Sanders: "Poor Bernie. They aren't going to let this poor old fool win no matter what he does. He sold his soul to Hillary for a crappy house on a lake in 2016, and the devil will take her due. They will never let you have it, Bernie. The fix is in.
- To Elizabeth Warren: "Not enough room in the Warren TeePee for women of color? Not a surprise, considering what a liar and hypocrite she has been since, well, forever…"
- To Democrats and the Trump impeachment whistleblower: "When we speak of heroic whistle-blowers, it is men like Dr. Li Wenliang, who literally sacrificed his life to save the world. Then, of course, there are those other kinds of whistle-blowers, like deep state Democrats, for example, slithering in the swamp."
- On the Iowa caucus: "The #Democrats have cheated elections for so long, they can't even elect themselves... #IowaCaucusDisaster"