Online users
???: Message   

Note the nitwit in the story who went into mountain lion country armed only with a knife, was attacked and mauled, and lamented he hadn't taken a gun along to fire a 'warning shot'.
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

11/26/2019, 14:01:49

Author Profile Mail author Edit
Firearms Provide Armed Citizens with Protection against Dangerous Wild Animals
Submitted by: David Williamson

Firearms can often save lives in situations when people find themselves faced with aggressive wild animals such as bears, mountain lions and bobcats. Anti-gun politicians from metropolitan areas may not be conscious of such dangers faced by law-abiding gun owners in rural regions. Proposed gun-control laws could potentially impact citizens’ abilities to protect people and domestic animals from creatures of greater strength in dangerous encounters.

Comment by: PHORTO (11/26/2019)
“I think I would have been able to give [the cougar] a warning shot and hopefully it would have ran [sic] off. That’s what I kind of take from all of this. When I go into the field now, I need to make sure I have my sidearm,” the man said.

So, that's it, huh? A warning shot.

People, that term shouldn't exist in your lexicon, nor in your holster. You carry a firearm to physically stop aggression, not to holler "BOO!" with it and hope the threat goes away.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert View All   Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message