Encouraging! Yet troubling...
Re: RNC vs DNC finances: -- Bartb Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch

11/21/2019, 10:24:31

Author Profile Mail author Edit

...only in the sense of "too much winning".

The I Ching state that when things become full in the Universe, they tend to flip into their opposites.

I'm not superstitious, so having a big war chest in political wars is always a good thing. That being said, we have already seen evidence that political victories even at the highest levels, are not always predicated on historically-consistent elements.

Opinion polling in the 2016 election (even apparently internal polling from the 'Crat side) were horribly, catastrophically wrong. In past elections polling had many times been helpful to campaigns in guiding their actions. But in 2016 the heavy reliance on their polling information by the 'Crats was immensely, possibly fatally unwise.

BTW, it was also foolish for another reason - common wisdom among those who have run successful political campaigns is that a smart candidate always runs their campaign as if they were no less than ten points behind - regardless of polling of any kind.

Clinton ignored that advice in so many ways that it's laughable. She ran her campaign in the last few months as if she had already been elected.

Let's hope DJT and Pence are smarter than that.

Modified by LateForLunch at Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 10:27:43

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message