Online users
???: Message   

Tom Homan sticks it up a Democrat committee Vice Chairwoman's a$$ - SIDEWAYS!
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

09/29/2019, 18:26:05

Author Profile Mail author Edit
www.wnd.com

Tom Homan to Congress: You work for me! - WND

WND Staff
2-2 minutes

Politics U.S.

Former ICE director leaves Dem in House fuming

WND Staff By WND Staff
Published September 27, 2019 at 6:36pm

U.S. Capitol (courtesy Pixabay)

Everyone's seen it, especially in recent weeks and months: A Democrat heading a House committee makes snarky comments to a witness, and when the witness tries to respond, the chairman slams down the gavel.

See what happened Friday when former acting ICE director Tom Homan explained simply, and accurately, that Congress works for the American people, not the other way around.

The Washington Examiner highlighted the exchange in a hearing of the House Judiciary Immigration and Citizenship Subcommittee.

It was Vice Chairwoman Pramila Payapal who didn't like what Homan was saying and tried to shut him down.

Homan wasn't going along, however.

"Look, you want to know why there's 50,000 people in detention? You want to know why there are 1 million illegal entries in the United States? You want to know why we have these issues? Because you have failed to secure the border. You guys failed to support this president to close the three loopholes we've asked for two years to close," Homan said.

When Jayapal essentially told him to shut up, he continued: "I've asked you politely to let me go beyond my time, and you let other people go on beyond their time. Not to Tom Homan; he don't get to go beyond his time."

Jayapal pounded the gavel, over and over, and demanded he "respect the chair and the authority of the chair."

Homan, however, reminded her who actually is the boss.

"I respect the chair's authority. You work for me! I'm a taxpayer. I'm a taxpayer. You work for me."

Jayapal reacted with glaring daggers.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page