Online users
???: Message   

I'm talking about long-term visions for a brighter future.
Re: "I have never once heard any conservative articulate this reality on a public forum of any kind." - No? I've read many conservatives (including RWR) using RFK's adage, "A rising tide lifts all boats." -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch

08/31/2019, 14:46:00

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Leftists (Marxists) talk about a Worker's Paradise where everything is free.

Conservatives need to counter that BS with realistic visions of a future such as imagined by R. Buckminster Fuller - a world where one need only work because one is the best at what one does (as on a military mission). The Human Race is approaching or has already reached the technological capability of providing everyone born enough credit for life to have one's biological needs met (food, shelter, clothing, medical treatment, security) without impinging on the culture's productivity in any way.

The Federation in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek universe, SF authoer Ursula K. Le Guin's Ecumenical Foundation, some of Heinlein's hypothetical societies all share a real-wealth-based economic structure.

It's unwieldy in the formative phase because monetary systems are complex and unstable if improperly managed, but Fuller thought it was a workable problem.

If we tell people that we're working toward a world where nobody works for their basic biological needs unless they want to, that is at least as appealing as getting a bunch of government hand-outs instead of holding a decent place in the meritocracy.

Modified by LateForLunch at Sat, Aug 31, 2019, 14:50:52

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page