Online users
???: Message???: Message  

'Not ignoring it. I expect a 6-3 conservative majority in the not-too-distant future, which will probably null Roberts's squishy 'evolution' (at least to some extent).
Re: You are ignoring that the courts keep finding new Rights, regardless of what the constitution says. And they get the final verdict -- robertb Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE

08/26/2019, 10:42:55

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Robert -

I realize that the window of opportunity will be narrow, but things can change significantly for the better in that regard.

Nobody expected Heller, nobody expected McDonald, nobody expected Citizens United, and nobody expected several other positive decisions in the recent past.

The Court has of late shown a marked willingness to set aside stare decisis on overtly stinky precedents. Remember, stare decisis is a doctrine, not a constitutional requirement.

I'm cautiously optimistic. No slam-dunk by any means, but the path is there to make some critical corrections.

TEE

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Modified by TEEBONE at Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 10:44:55

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page