Online users
???: Message   

Kawczynski is very wrong, disappointly so.
Re: Ponder this. -- robertb Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden ®

07/07/2019, 11:48:47

Author Profile Mail author Edit

"Tolerance is just another word for indifference." -- Bullshit.

Robert, when I read that, I invoked the olde "That's once" joke.  It's a long book.  Maybe he was tired.  Whatever, he needs to think more deeply and write more slowly.  A few more of those and I'm done with the book, as they will cast suspicion on everything else he says.

Tolerance, or the absence thereof is part of a process involving the assigning of priorities, making relative value judgments and cost vs. reward calculations.

Teebone foolishly believes that blondes, with their pale skin, are more beautiful than their clearly superior raven-haired, dark-eyed, darker skin sisters.  I think it is because he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.  I am definitely not indifferent to that issue, but I am willing to tolerate Tee's belief because an attempt to correct him would jeopardize a relationship that I enjoy.  Too much cost for too little reward, if any.

My son-in-law believes in "Biblical inerrancy."  Frankly, I think that makes him a kook.  I could assemble an array of evidence to counter his notions, but he would blithely dismiss it all, because he is incapable of rationality on the subject, and it would create tension in the family.  We simply do not go near that subject, which is comfortable for him since he discovered that I knew more about the Bible than he did.  Once again, too much cost for no reward.

My Wife was not perfect, but, as Alabama sang, she was "Close enough to perfect for me."

Tolerance is part of a healthy life, when properly applied.

Kawczynski's book would be improved if that whole paragraph were to be deleted.

Take care,

Russ

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message