Online users
???: Message   

ďI donít believe in guns at all whatsoever, ever. So I donít even care if itís a right in my opinion,Ē said resident, Daniel Bedford. - Democrat voter. Proggy thrall. Marxist useful idiot.
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ģ

06/26/2019, 13:28:15

Author Profile Mail author Edit
www.yourbasin.com

Big Spring Whataburger cooking up open-carry controversy

by Derek Sibley / Jun 26, 2019
2-3 minutes

Licensed man denied service

Posted:† /†Updated:†

BIG SPRING, Texas (BIG2/FOX24) Ė There is some controversy surrounding the open-carry of firearms at a Whataburger joint in Big Spring.

One licensed resident, Jason Kennemur, was denied service last Saturday when he walked into the store with an openly-carried gun.†

ďI donít generally patronize places that donít allow concealed carry. I donít mind if they donít allow open carry, thatís their right, thatís everybodyís right. thatís just fine. I donít have to eat there,Ē said Kennemur.

He later took to social media where he received an outpour of support, as well as backlash.

ďI would say itís a little bit of infringement on his Second Amendment rights,Ē stated resident, Voncille Cox. ďbut it also has to do with customer service.Ē

ďI donít believe in guns at all whatsoever, ever. So I donít even care if itís a right in my opinion,Ē said resident, Daniel Bedford.

And for Texas resident, Jim Simmons, he believes everyone has the right to bear arms. However, ďIf Whataburger has a rule that you canít bring it inside, then leave it in your truck or in your car outside.Ē

In 2015, Whataburgerís President and CEO, Preston Atkinson, stated the franchise prohibits open-carry of firearms. The rule was enforced to create a comfortable family environment.

ďMy opinion is, you know someone is there if something happens, someone walks in and starts shooting, thereís someone in there who can help protect you,í said Cox.

Kennemur also claims Big Springís location failed to hang signs indicating their gun rules.

ďThe whole issue with me is theyíre not posted,Ē said Kennemur. ďA simple 30.07 posting on the door would let people know hey we donít allow open carry.Ē

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert View All   Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message