Online users
???: Message   

Yes, it's interesting to speculate.
Re: Another benefit of an active lifestyle. -- Russ Walden Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch ®

06/23/2019, 20:15:02

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Since the disease is "idopathic" (fancy medical jargon for "we have no idea what causes it")  the professional medical people are as ignorant as we laypersons. 

Using statistics I also observe that Asians (especially Japanese and other races that enjoy their diet) are significantly less- prone to the illness. They eat mostly sea food  or poultry while people in the U.S. eat a LOT more beef. 

My father had a King Hell dose of Alzheimers at a relatively early age. It kicked his ASS. Even though before onset he was as sharp as they come (electronics optics engineer for aerospace). He ate beef/pork almost every day of his life, sometimes three times a day. 

Some researchers believe that the biochemical agents suspected of facilitating amyloid plaque/neural decay, are present (undetected) in beef/pork. See, it's likely what's called "prions"  one of those freakish "active proteins" which are much like viruses, somewhere between a living thing and a chemical. It has attributes of both (disrupts living cells/DNA but is not technically "alive" because it is non-cellular). 

These same researchers believe the deterioration may occur cumulatively over years/decades (like cancer) and is accelerated by intake of too much beef/pork.

My step-father was a single case-in-point of evidence which backs that speculation's possible credibility. 

So I don't eat a lot of beef very often. Unless I'm REALLY hungry for tartar. 

NOTE: My step father also was in another high-risk group for Alzheimer's; late-life head injury. In his mid 60s, he got a moderate concussion when he cut a 400 lbs tree branch on his property incorrectly and it fell on his head with enough force to nearly knock him out. 

Statistics reveal that late-life head/brain trauma is something else to avoid if one wants to minimize risk of the illness. 

Modified by LateForLunch at Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 20:27:43

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message