Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

05/13/2019, 16:34:20

Author Profile Mail author Edit
dailycaller.com

Flashback: Cory Booker Says He Would Ban Guns If He ‘Had The Power’

Scott Morefield | Reporter
2-2 minutes

New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker once said he would ban guns if he “had the power.”

The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate made the comments during a July 2000 appearance on CSPAN’s “Washington Journal.” At the time, he was a member of the Newark, New Jersey Municipal Council.

WATCH:

“Would you ban guns?” asked the CSPAN host during a conversation on the call-in show.

“I am very much one that is against handguns,” Booker responded. “And I know, in my urban environment, I see little to no need for guns at all, and I think that the availability of guns and the ease with which even young people can get their hands on them is just horrendous, and I would, if I had the power to do so, I would. In fact, we’re even looking towards making, doing some local level handgun legislation. I’m going to take every step I can to get guns of the hands of those who commit crimes or those who might commit crimes.”

The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate has issued a series of gun control proposals, including licensing, registration, and an “assault weapon” ban, but has yet to issue a recent call for a complete ban on firearms or even handguns. (RELATED: Cory Booker Wants Every Gun Owner To Interview With The Federal Government)

The Daily Caller has reached out to Booker’s campaign for comment.

Follow Scott on Twitter

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page