Online users
???: Message   

Well-done General!! But legalism aside, the MORAL issue has always been crystal clear cut...
Re: More on the California opinion striking down that state's mag ban: -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch ®

04/02/2019, 12:30:46

Author Profile Mail author Edit

...regarding liberty. 

It is only in the most recent part of our history as a nation that law enforcement was efficient enough to protect the general population of virtually the entire country with only a few local, temporary exceptions. 

That is not a guarantee that such a state will continue. The 9-11-2001 attacks, numerous leftist-generated tantrum-riots, endless "protest" demonstrations endlessly threaten to explode into rioting, flash mob attacks have taught us that peace is tenuous - security is a thin veneer over the unforgiving, cruel, hard rock and dirt of the Earth.  

Until the middle-to-late 20th century (before police helicopters/planes), it was the responsibility of LOCAL populations ASSISTED by government soldiers to maintain order locally in neutralizing large gangs of criminals. 

Even as late as the 1930s local citizens were enlisted to assist law enforcement in pursuing violent criminals. Armed volunteers helped to put pressure on Baby Faced Nelson, Bonnie and Clyde and others. 

If government forces are either seriously delayed or stopped from enforcing order in local communities, who then will do it? Answer "the guys with the guns". It's as simple as that. 

No amount of spin from mendacious leftist screed vomit can ever erase the fact that if a roving band of violent people approach you with bad intent, when seconds count, LEOs or National Guard troops are only MINUTES away. 

When bullets move at a mile a second, waiting around for ten minutes or longer for armed defenders to save  your life, property or that of your loved ones, is not an option. 

What does one do in such an eventuality? Assuage the conscience with leftist rationalizations? Wave a slip of government approval for disarming yourself at the approaching rioters? And so convince them not to rape, rob, maim and murder your wife and children? Sure. Go ahead. 

As for me, if there are an unknown number of rioters coming after me, I want whatever firearm will give me the most advantage in fighting them off. Call me "insensitive". There is nothing like the sound of a large-caliber automatic rifle firing to instantly change the mind (reverse the travel-direction) of would-be attackers. 

Even in people with the most-minimal intellect, demonstrating to them the willingness and desire to ventilate them until they stop breathing is likely to be effective.

When the time for subtle arguments is long passed, you don't want to reach for anything except the strongest, most-powerful, fully-loaded firearm you can get. 

I have been told by those who know, that in close combat, the surest way to get attacking rioters to retreat and leave the area is to lay down sustained fire in their direction. It works like magic!! 

I thought leftists LIKED to believe in magic. heh

Any adult or intelligent boy scout knows that it's INFINITELY BETTER to have something and not need it, than to need something and not have it. 

Riots which erupt quickly and spread unpredictably to surrounding communities are an increasing threat. Virtually ANY of the ever-increasing in number of "protests" could erupt into violence that law enforcement (or even the National Guard) might not be able to contain. 

If we have seen anything definitive from the behavior of the hoplophobic left, it's that they will continue to foment, condone, excuse and enable violence of all kinds, particularly "civil disobedience" (aka RIOTING) to get what the left and those who collude with them want to take from our nation. 

Modified by LateForLunch at Tue, Apr 02, 2019, 12:52:12

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message