Online users
???: Message   

Not everyone got Kinison at first but he grew on you...
Re: His comedic talent was brilliant; he was truly one-of-a-kind. -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: LateForLunch ®

02/02/2019, 19:54:16

Author Profile Mail author Edit

...the manner of his passing was astonishing in a spiritual way. 

He had recently become sober (everything and everything else) was driving up to Needles on route Rte 95 along a stretch of two-way road known as "Death Alley". True to form, some drunk 17 year-old crossed the center line and hit him head on. He didn't appear to be hurt seriously at first and was semi-conscious.

His brother and best friend following in a van were not involved in the accident. They were able to speak with Kinison trying to comfort him to the extent possible while they waited for an ambulance (would have taken some time). His brother related the following:

His brother and the others begged him to lie down and he did with his best friend, Carl LaBove, who had been in the following van, holding his head in his hands. Initially, Kinison appeared to have suffered no serious injuries, but within minutes he suddenly said to no one in particular, "I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die." LaBove later said, "it was as if he was having a conversation, talking to someone else, some unseen person." Then there was a pause as if Kinison was listening to the other person speak. Then he asked "But why?" and after another pause LaBove heard him clearly say: "Okay, okay, okay.’ LaBove said, "The last ‘okay’ was so soft and at peace ... Whatever voice was talking to him gave him the right answer and he just relaxed with it. He said it so sweet, like he was talking to someone he loved."[24] Kinison then lost consciousness. Efforts to resuscitate him failed. Kinison died at the scene from internal injuries. An autopsy found that he had suffered numerous traumatic injuries, including a dislocation in the cervical spine, a torn aorta, and torn blood vessels in his abdominal cavity, which caused his death within minutes of the collision.[25][26]

Sad way to leave. You are surely missed, sieur - as few others.  

Modified by LateForLunch at Sun, Feb 03, 2019, 02:11:14

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page