Online users
???: Message   

"I am a gun owner and a Republican." - And a RINO who should be voted out of office for adding "except" after "shall not be infringed".
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE ®

12/01/2018, 15:10:43

Author Profile Mail author Edit
TN: I believe a 'red flag' law for Tennessee will curb gun violence and protect the 2nd Amendment.
Submitted by: mark@keepandbeararms.com">Mark A. Taff

There are 2 comments on this story
Post Comments | Read Comments

A Tennessee state senator explains why he is introducing a "red flag" bill to remove firearms from people deemed by a court to be dangerous and why it can be a bipartisan win.

Comment by: jac (12/1/2018)
I believe there should be a red flag law to remove politicians from office that break their oath to uphold the constitution.

Comment by: PHORTO (12/1/2018)
Unless you enshrine due process guarantees in the text of the law itself, it will be unacceptable.

Due process means an adversarial hearing wherein the respondent can face his/her accusers, cross examine witnesses, and present witnesses and evidence on his/her behalf.

The problem with these laws is that they use ex parte hearings where the respondent often isn't even notified that one is taking place. That is an egregious circumvention of the commands in the 5th and 14th Amendments.

You can't take his liberty (i.e. his natural right to bear arms) or his property (i.e. his firearms) without an adversarial hearing and ruling based upon ALL the evidence.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Modified by TEEBONE at Sat, Dec 01, 2018, 15:12:17

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page