Online users
???: Message   

Alabama Democrat dyke state lawmaker calls fill-in (Republican) governor/gubernatorial candidate a closeted carpet-muncher in a typical vicious prog smear tactic:
Post Reply   Forum

Posted by: TEEBONE

05/16/2018, 18:44:25

Author Profile Mail author Edit

www.al.com

Gov. Kay Ivey on gay accusations: 'It's false. It's wrong'

A little more than 12 hours after astate legislator suggested she was gay, Gov. Kay Ivey again issued a strong denial on Wednesday morning.

"There's absolutely no truth to it," Ivey said. "It's false. It's wrong."

Ivey posted a statement on the Twitter and Facebook accounts for her campaign to win election to a full term later this year.

The full statement from Ivey:

"This most recent personal attack against me is beyond disgraceful. It's a disgusting lie being pushed by a paid left wing liberal political operative. There is absolutely no truth to it. It's false. It's wrong. It's a bald faced lie. And I'm not gonna let them get away with it. Whether these attacks are malicious or ignorant or both - they represent everything that's wrong with politics today."

My Statement:pic.twitter.com/VynDmm2l6r

-- Kay Ivey (@kayiveyforgov)May 16, 2018

State Rep. Patricia Todd, D-Birmingham, and the state's only openly gay lawmaker, rattled Alabama's political landscape when she posted on Twitter and Facebook that "someone needs to out (Ivey) already...I have heard for years that she is gay."

Todd also mentioned a "girlfriend" who moved out of the house when Ivey became governor in April 2017. "I am sick of closeted elected officials," Todd posted on Tuesday.

On Wednesday morning, the settings on Todd's Twitter account had been changed so that only confirmed followers can see her tweets. And the Facebook account on which she posted her comment about Ivey on Tuesday night appears to have been deleted.

Todd is not seeking re-election to the state legislature this year. She has accepted a position asexecutive director of One Orlando Alliance,a nonprofit organization that advocates for the rights of LGBTQ individuals

The comments by Todd came three weeks before the Republican primary in which Ivey is trying to win the GOP nomination along with three challengers: Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle, Birmingham evangelist Scott Dawson and state Sen. Bill Hightower.

Ivey's campaign quickly issued a response to Todd's accusation on Tuesday night.

"This is a disgusting lie being pushed by a paid liberal political hack," Debbee Hancock, Ivey campaign spokeswoman, said in an email to AL.com on Tuesday night. "There is absolutely no truth to it."

On Wednesday morning,Todd spoke to Reckon by AL.com columnist John Archibald.

"I hate hypocrites," Todd said in the interview with Archibald, referring to Ivey.

Ivey, 73, has been married and divorced twice and has no children.

LIBERTY HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE

Democrats wouldn't buy a clue if it was government subsidized.

Modified by TEEBONE at Wed, May 16, 2018, 18:46:34

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert   Previous | Next | Current page