Online users
???: Message   

Broken beyond repair . . .
Re: The guy makes a point. -- TEEBONE Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden ®

04/14/2018, 22:55:54

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Tee --

For an assortment of reasons, I consider myself to be one of the luckiest guys who ever lived.  It begins with having been born in the greatest country in the history of mankind.  Some personal attributes add to the mix, along with the fact that God has been good to me in so many ways -- more than I have deserved.

Not only was I born in the greatest country in the history of mankind, I lived through and enjoyed her greatest years.  Yeah, that is what I really, and sadly, believe.  We, as a society, have destroyed the gifts that He gave us -- not just broken, but destroyed beyond repair or reclamation.  Our system of governance is broken.  Trump will preside over its demise -- not his fault, he just happened to be there at the time.

We are circling the bowl, just waiting for someone to pull the flush handle -- not really "someone," we will pull it ourselves.  Throughout my life, I have been the "cock-eyed optimist" -- always believing that I could do anything and that God was on my side -- and, mostly I was right.  Lately, however, I have concluded that He is tired of us.  We have exhausted His patience.  Sorta unfortunately, given my good health and the longevity of my ancestors, I will probably be around to watch it die -- not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Good night,

Russ

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message