Online users
???: Message   

Ok, here's how it works . . .
Re: BTW, she doesn't live in Georgia. His bank account is in Georgia.... -- Dee W. Post Reply Top of thread Forum

Posted by: Russ Walden

04/13/2018, 13:05:29

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Dee --

First, you should ask her why the courier doesn't just go to Georgia and deposit the check?

After some smokescreen explanation, the courier will say that they need to process the check through her account, then transfer it to the Georgia account. In the process, they will get enough info about her and her account to come back later and loot it.

One way to do it is to set up ACH (Automated Clearing House) authority so they can issue drafts on her account. For example, I have rental property in Savannah. I have a property manager who takes care of it. I use a separate bank account for the properties. The Property Manager has ACH authority on that account, in case she has an urgent unplanned expenditure. I, of course, manage the balance of that account (and she knows what it is), so her opportunity to steal is limited and is only one time.

If they get ACH authority on her account, they will loot it.

Another approach will be to have her endorse the check into her account. That makes her liable for what comes next. Next is that when the transfer hits the Georgia account, they will immediately clean out that account -- then the check will bounce, and she will be liable as an endorser, so they will not only get her bank account, they will leave her holding the bag for the original check.

This is a little twisted, so if you need further explanation, just ask. You may have a chance to save her, but don't get your hopes up.

Take care,

Russ

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Where am I? Original Top of thread Previous | Next | Current page

Replies to this message