Original Message:   From what I have seen, there was no serious effort by the 'Crats to bail out or otherwise render significant aid to the small farmers so they could keep their farms.
It was apparently more expedient politically and logistically to merely let the banks foreclose on the poor bastards and let the fat-cat big-cap industrialists take over buying the land when it was (NPI) dirt cheap, then turning them back into productive farms which were so successful after anti-erosion measures were enacted, that the government eventually gave some of them subsidies to stop growing crops. 

Somehow that doesn't pass the smell test for me. Sounds like Statist/Greenhead tyranny. 

There was mitigation of course (WWII started), which may or may not have been used as cover to execute a joint-take-over by the gummint/industry under the guise of an emergency. Sound familiar? 

I'd like to think we won't repeat that as a government and that most if not all of the people put out of business will get a fair slice of the government pie if they are still able to go back into business.

BackPost Reply

Name

Register
 Password
 Topic  
 Reply optionsNotify original author     Private reply   All replies are private  

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

HTML tags allowed in message body.   Browser view     Display HTML as text.
 Link URL
 Link Title
 Image URL